Air motors are versatile power sources which can be used to power
many kinds of operations requiring rotational drive. They have many
advantages over electric motors and often become the only feasible
method of operation.
We offer a wide range of rotating vane
type air motors within a power range of 0.26kW (0.35hp) to 0.66kW
(0.85hp). Most motors can be supplied as single rotation or reversible.
Reversible motors have keyed shafts, while single direction motors
can be supplied with threaded shafts or alternatives.
Air Motor Advantages
• Compact, with high power to weight
• The output speed and torque can be simply controlled by regulating
either the air pressure or air flow.
• No expensive control equipment is required.
• If a motor is loaded to a stalled condition and held there
for any length of time, no damage is caused to the motor.
• When the load is released, the air motor will reach free running
speed usually within one third to one half of a revolution.
• No risk of overheating either when continuously run or frequent
stop/starts or reversing. Note that this condition assumes the use
of an inline lubrication system.
• Reversing motors require simple control of air pressure into
ports in the control top of the motor to determine direction of rotation.
To reverse the direction of rotation takes milliseconds to complete.
• Resists moisture, dust, heat. Is generally explosion proof
and can be used safely in most hazardous situations.
For more information please contact us
at 1 800 353 4676